Love To Dance - Student Teaching Assistant Program
The Love To Dance Academy would like to offer a maximum of three, Student Teaching Assistant positions.
Student Teaching Assistants play a very important part in the smooth running of the dance classes they assist in. Assisting is an extremely valuable experience for those students interested in pursuing a career in teaching and / or wishing to broaden their own dance education.
General and Dance Related Benefits:
- Work experience for your resume.
- Discipline of being employed with responsibilities.
- First hand experience on the running of a dance studio (which would include: teaching, technique, syllabi, admin, class planning, event planning, choreography, music selection, décor and costumes).
- Possible high-school credits (negotiations in progress).
- Minimum age: 11.
- At least 2 years of class participation at the Love To Dance Academy.
- Commitment to volunteering for the specified 13 week session (specified times), with the option to renew the contract for the next session, based on performance.
- Agree to follow dance uniform policies at all classes.
- Parent or guardian approval in order to participate.
- Must maintain academic grades at a level required by the parent / guardian.
Assistance Required for:
- Wednesdays: 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Thursdays: 3.30pm - 4.30pm
- Thursdays: 4.30 - 5.30pm
Applications must be received no later than August 19, 2016.