RAD Ballet Tuition
At the Love To Dance Academy, our RAD Ballet Training start from the age of 3. Our toddler ballet classes start from age 2, while our more mature dancers attend our Adult Ballet classes. We also cater for beginners of all ages with our 'Introduction to Dance' and recreational ballet classes.
Love To Dance Ballet Classes Include:
- RAD Exam Classes (ages 4 - 18): Students must attend at least two classes per week, throughout the year, to comply with the minimum required hours to prepare for an RAD exam and may be entered for RAD exams and/or RAD Class Awards and/or RAD Solo Performance Awards.
- Moms & Tots (ages 2 - 3): Moms and Dads are invited to be a part of this learning experience. Most toddlers love to dance but at this age, new experiences may seem daunting, yet completely possible if Mom or Dad is around. This class will allow your child to move to music while learning new skills and developing muscle tone. We use many teaching aids to make these classes fun, keeping our young dancers interested, while learning new skills.
- Ballerinis (ages 3 - 4): Fun dance classes where opportunities to lead, share and respond to others are provided and participation and group interaction is encouraged. Dance teaches pre-schoolers to follow directions, learn new vocabulary, gain rhythmic skills and develop independence. It is great way to add some of the necessary exercise pre-school children need.
- Adult / Ladies Ballet (ages 16+): These classes are geared towards adult beginners or dancers who would like to return to the classroom after taking a break for an extended period of time.
- Ballet for Boys (ages 2 - 18)
Love To Dance Ballet Exams / Tests / Performances
RAD Exam Preparation
Students are selected on merit to participate in these examinations and must attend at least two classes per week, throughout the year, to comply with the minimum required hours to prepare for an RAD exam. Students may be entered for RAD exams and/or RAD Class Awards and/or RAD Solo Performance Awards. The RAD - Royal Academy of Dance is a worldwide organisation founded in 1920 to advance the standards of teaching in classical ballet. RAD Registered Teachers provide the best training in classical ballet for children and young people.
Medal Test Preparation
The Medal tests are similar to examinations and a way for a young dancer to mark his or her progress in the art of dance. They have been very popular for many years in various countries, sometimes also referred to as “Badge Tests”. After successfully completing the test sequence and dance, candidates will receive a medal and certificate. This is particularly good for the students because of the “exam” environment practise they will get. We recommend that all students partake in these Medal Tests.
Performance opportunities may include dance festivals and competitions, outdoor performances, concerts and recitals, dance demonstrations and presentation classes.